Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Every child matters at West Park Primary School and we are committed to ensuring that all children are given the best possible opportunity to meet their full potential. Staff are dedicated to understanding the individual needs of pupils.
We aim to be inclusive for all pupils and parents/carers regardless of any additional need and disability. In order to achieve this we have the following in place:
- We always support the use of physical aids which have been assigned to a child to support access e.g wheelchairs, walking frame, hearing aids, large print.
- Any therapy programmes which are designed by specialists e.g. Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists will be delivered into school.
- The school is committed to make the building, grounds and classrooms accessible both for pupils and stakeholders with SEN and disability needs e.g. disabled toilets, ramps, handrails, flat surfaces for use with physical aids etc.
- Pupils with physical aids e.g. hear aids, walking frames, wheelchair etc. are not discriminated against and are positively promoted.
- Risk assessments in place.
- Regular health and safety inspections.
- Training to staff for use of physical aids for pupils specific individual needs.
Reports and written information take account of pupils’ disabilities and pupils’ and parents’ preferred formats to be made available within reasonable time frames.