Pupil Premium and Recovery Premium
The Pupil Premium is money given to school by the government in order to raise standards for those children who are eligible for Free School Meals, children from families in the Armed Forces and previously Looked After Children (adoption/ residency orders etc). The funding is in addition to the main school budget. The school is free to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, but this would normally be on staffing and/or resources.
Pupil Premium funding at West Park is currently £33,660 per annum. We have decided to spend this in the following ways:
- Funding to maintain class assistant support, as this is an effective method of ensuring that individual children’s needs are being met:
- Teacher and Teaching Assistant directed time maths
- Teacher and Teaching Assistant directed time literacy
- Additional phonics / pupil access to small groups
- Pupils targeted for Greater Depth within the curriculum intervention
- First class at number intervention
- Targeted individual and group intervention based on low stakes assessment and gaps analysis (including identified gaps due to COVID lockdown).
- Well-being support
- To fund a Parent Support Worker (Mrs Kerridge) for one afternoon per week to work with parents and children.
- Employ a band 6 teaching assistant as our attendance officer, working to support families whose attendance is of concern. Pupil Premium funding will release Mrs Devonshire for one afternoon per week.
- Fund nurture groups for two afternoons per week after our commitment to ELSA training.
- Enrichment activities financial support including Y5/6 residential.
- Homework support including online resources.
We would consider the greatest barriers to our cohort in receipt of Pupil Premium to be:
- Progress for children within the middle and high PAG in receipt of Pupil Premium particularly moving from work within the expected standard to working at greater depth within the curriculum.
Social and emotional needs leading to poor concentration and behaviour.
Autumn 2021 – Pupil Premium Strategy Review Date
See our Pupil Premium Results and Pupil Premium Report in detail below: