Welcome from the Head Teacher
West Park Primary School is a fantastic school; we have children who are highly motivated and well-behaved. The school has a very high percentage of extremely supportive parents. We have been recognised by Ofsted (November 2018), as good school with Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare rated as outstanding. We have an intake of 45 each year meaning we have a mixed age range class in each year group.
Results across the school show that each cohort is able to perform above age related expectations. As well as expecting high standards of achievement and attainment in the core subjects, the school also prides itself in the development and delivery of a dynamic, broad and balanced curriculum with all National Curriculum subjects being valued and taught with enthusiasm across the school.
West Park Primary is a successful and popular school today because we have staff who:
- Have the right moral purpose; they turn up for work to enrich the lives of children, and they give above and beyond to do this.
- Believe that every child can be the best they can be, actively promoting high aspirations.
- Help all children grow in confidence and strive to develop positive self-esteem.
- Work in strong teams and learn from one another, challenge one another, coach and mentor one another, building on our motto “Learning to Improve”.
- Develop themselves professionally, through quality training and collaborative support from the Ad Astra Trust, as they strive to get the best from every child.
- Work closely with motivated, well-trained support staff.
Our mission statement is “Learning to Improve”. We have a clear ethos for all children at West Park Primary School, we believe each learner should aspire to meet their potential educationally, socially and emotionally. Our dynamic broad and balanced curriculum and enrichment activities provide opportunities for everyone to achieve and succeed.